Friday, November 23, 2007

it's all about compromise

I have just been informed by a non-jewish friend that chanukah is not a month away. In fact, it's a little over a week away. Shows how great of a jew I am. Well then, the stove, washer, and dryer are pretty good chanukah presents.

My insane workload is over. over! The relief I am feeling right now is great, except I can't feel much off of less than three hours of sleep. My two essays are done. My two tests are done. My two articles are done. two two two. Now I can actually go grocery shopping and not drink a Rockstar every night in order to stay awake. Hello lazy weekend that I will be procrastinating from reading Hamlet (ahhh) and studying for my two english exams. Whatever. Ugly Betty marathon, here I come.

So I keep saying I'll update you guys later on what's been going on in my life. Seeing as I'm incredibly tired and lazy, you're just going to have to settle with a quick list. (I highly doubt you'll mind seeing as I don't even know if there is in fact a "you guys" aka comment me sometime, let me know you're reading!) So here goes. Massive things that have happened since I stopped blogging over the summer.
  • worked at the Buffalo News for Gusto. Interviewed Old Crow Medicine Show, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers, and Mobile.
  • took lots of trips up to Toronto over the summer working on the house & seeing people. was a pretty good time.
  • went to Long Island and New York City to see family. I still haven't posted pictures of that, and it was in August. oops.
  • started my second year of university. It's much harder, with a lot of random and useless work, but I do what I gotta do. I haven't had much chance at having a life this semester, but I make do with what I have. It's all progression.
  • went to a heap of amazing concerts. Sadly the concert season has died for the winter, but here's who I saw: Virgin Festival (look it up I cant say all the names), Rilo Kiley, The National, Kevin Drew, M.I.A/Datarock/Holy Fuck, Dragonette/Most Serene Republic, Architecture in Helsinki, !!!, and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. All amazing, pretty much.
  • had the best day of my life. aka, I met J.K. Rowling. I had won tickets to go see her only Canadian tour date on October 23rd. It was amazing. I have a signed book. I will always love that woman. Anyways, I wrote a story about it for the Buffalo News and it was #1 viewed on their website for two days. It was also cover story.
  • started working on a feature about women music journalists. Interviewed Helen Spitzer, Tabbassum Siddiqui, and Amanda Ash. all really great women.

Coming up:

  • Eyeopener elections -- this time for Arts & Life editor.
  • Jose Gonzalez show. sososo excited.
  • Winter break -- Home, Florida, Home, Toronto, Home.
  • My 20th birthday. Ah...

Okay. That's enough. My non-jewish friend is pulling on my sleve getting me to leave.

No comments: