Monday, May 21, 2007

some intense blogging on the way

i've got a few topics --

1. i've discovered that i've done my best thinking as of late in the bathroom. the bathroom is the place where you to to think about yourself. You focus on your makeup and your hair, you primp yourself to look nice. You gaze into your own eyes in your mirror. I've just come to the conclusion that my best writing was developed there. Only I don't get out in time to write it down, which is a real shame. I've thought up some pretty cool lines but as soon as I go onto my next step of makeup, I've lost it. So when I realized this realization while I was indeed in the bathroom, I quickly ran out and wrote it down so I could be a good blogger and write it here. So I bet the next time you go to the bathroom and look yourself in the eye, you'll think of this. And then you'll think of something awesome. And then you'll forget it. Shame.

2. I'm on a creativity spree. I haven't done much with that lately, so I'm finally cracking down. Now my idea may seem petty and pointless, but in my head it's beautiful. I've been thinking about my career as a journalist a lot lately, and I've got huge stacks of magazines to get through. Whenever I'm reading something I always find a quote that I want to write down but I never get to it (like topic 1, ha, maybe I'm just lazy. Oh wait, I am). And this time, it's all going to come together. I'm making a big binder of magazine clippings, quotes, tactics I figure out of journalists' writing styles, and pictures. I'm excited. I'll update my progress, maybe.

3. I have a new love and it is PODCASTS. I can't believe I didn't know about them until recently. They're free, informational, and just all around awesome. I've got my Indie Canadian stations like CBC Radio 3, IndieFeed, NPR Music and All Songs Considered, Paste Culture Club, and some silly ones like Scrubs, Best of YouTube, and VH1 Best Week Ever. I've yet to thoroughly go through this new library, but I'm exhilerated just looking at it. Last night, I listened to a Ben Gibbard acoustic show, for free, feeling like I was sitting right next to him. Tell me it doesn't get any better than that.

4. Lately, I cannot get enough of the following music artists: The Arcade Fire (read this), !!! (listen to this), and Sam Roberts (is coming to Buffalo for FREE in July!).

5. My ending note is that my dog is amazing.



i think i've blogged myself out for the time being. until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

k, so it's angela...i didn't know anyone else listened to all songs considered.

can we say one of my favorite things ever?!